Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's Coming.

It's coming. That noisome, greasy, bloated, beast. Armor-plated and bedaubed with sickly colors. I can already smell the stench and hear the screams of people who have lost their minds. They will set up its lair across the road; it will thunder and roar at all hours and we will sleep at its mercy. Unfortunately we have no knight in shining armor to ride to our aid so we'll have to face the Kitittas County Fair as best we can. It's not all bad, I mean when else during the year are you allowed to eat greasy over-priced food or ride carnival rides until you're sick to your stomach. And if you like people-watching then your in luck, for there is a constant parade of people walking by. Still it is a relief when its over and the last food booth has been packed up and driven away.Then life returns to normal, sort of.

4 comments:

  1. Yahoo! I love the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year I did garbage duty at the Kitittas fair, and it will be forever associated in my mind with grey trash bags-dripping with beer and spilling over with old food. Blech. Our motto for trash duty was, "It's just water."

    No, just kidding: I LOVE fairs. I would do grabage duty again in a heartbeat. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fairs aren't all THAT bad, its just that after a couple days I'm ready for it to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, it's fun in the end. We work hard AND play hard!

    ReplyDelete